[Zope-dev] Zope Object Tree Transformations and XSL

Josh Zeidner jmz_phylogenic@hotmail.com
Tue, 07 Mar 2000 15:16:44 EST

Hello everyone,

  Currently we are facing a problem with a Zope-based application where we
need to be able to *view* a tree of ZObjects as another tree of ZObjects
with an entirely different structure.  If these objects were XML elements I
could use XSL- however, they are not.  We also need to have any changes in
the original structure automatically be reflected in the representation of
the "phantom" structure.

  So what I am asking is... is there any way to define such a tree
transformation of instantiated ZObjects?  Has anyone worked with any problem
related to this?  Are there any products or tools that would make such a
transformation easier?  Any comments?

  -thanks in advance, Josh Zeidner