[Zope-dev] Using Zope in a client-server system

Itai Tavor itavor@bigpond.net.au
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 10:00:08 +1100

Toby Dickenson wrote:

>On Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:47:24 +1100, Itai Tavor <itavor@bigpond.net.au>
>wrote:
>
>  >>I think I missed something here:  Python *does* have an XML-RPC server
>  >>implementation (xmlrpclib.py), which is how Zope can do XML-RPC.
>  >
>  >I was thinking that for real two-way communication, the workstations
>  >will also have to be XML-RPC servers, and while I know that Zope can
>  >do that I have no idea how hard it would be to get xmlrpclib working
>  >outside Zope.
>
>There is an example server in the xmlrpclib distribution at
>http://www.pythonware.com/products/xmlrpc/index.htm
>
>In other words, getting a client side xmlrpc server is the easiest
>thing you are trying to do.

I guess you have to know who to ask. The XML-RPC web site only
mentions a Python client, no server.

Thanks for the info, and thanks to Tres Seaver for the same.

Itai

--
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itavor@vic.bigpond.net.au       --               - Kermit the Frog --