[Zope-dev] Send simple objects to server

Thomas Weholt thomas@bibsyst.no
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:35:30 +0100

Hi,

I want to extend Zope to receive simple objects made by me, put them
into a Berkley DB based database located at the server and process the
data.

Example :

User scans a cd-rom locally, the created cd-rom-object is pickled,
compressed using zlib and transferred to a zope-server, where a special
part, the part I want to make, receives the object and creates indexes,
reports etc.

Later on the user can configure how the data shall be processed, indexes
created etc. and search his or other peoples data thru zope, like
searching yahoo.

The problem is transferring objects to the server. I`ve looked at DOPY
and PYRO, but Zope has more features etc.

Any ideas or hints on what documents I should read in the Zope
documentation, what source-files I should study to understand this etc.
????

The server must be able to process lots of concurrent users.

Thomas