[Zope-dev] use of exec in products considered harmful?

Jonothan Farr jfarr@real.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 11:56:36 -0800

> >> Let your brains classes __init__ take a REQUEST parameter. They can
> >> extract the properties it needs, before calling the base class
> >> __init__.
> >
> >Note also that your brains class can acquire REQUEST using self.REQUEST.
>
> Normally thats true, however we need these parameters in a __init__,
> and constructors run with an empty acquisition context.

Actually, this will work because the LocalFS object is calling the constructor
so I can acquire REQUEST from the LocalFS object's context.

This sounds like a great idea. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks!

Actually, I don't need REQUEST at all, though because I can define a 'brain'
class to have a standard constructor then return the actual object through, say,
the __call__ method.

--jfarr