[Zope-dev] How can you store a Zope XML on a local drive?

Jonothan Farr jfarr@real.com
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:14:54 -0800

> how can I store the contents of a Zope XML documents' edit window externally.
> I tried exporting the xml doc object but the file that is created has loads
> of additional Zopeish XML tags.

Try the Local File System product.

http://www.zope.org/Members/jfarr/Products/LocalFS

Currently allows read-only access to files in the file system. The next version
will allow read/write access. Let me know if this works for you.

> Can I reference the editForm widows' contents of an object directly?
>
> eg . if an objetcs Edit form window contained the following.
>

> <mytag>data</mytag>
>
> how can the above contents of the form be sent to a local file,say on the
> c: drive?

Currently you could write an external method to write the contents of an
XMLDocument to disk. You would access the data by calling the document's toXML
method.

def save_XMLDocument(path, doc):
    f = open(path, 'w')
    f.write(doc.toXML())