[Zope-dev] Customizing zope w/proxy

Robert W. Bill rbill@digisprings.com
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:50:41 -0600 (CST)

Hello all,

I was looking for hints concerning customizing zope.  I want to use zope
as a proxy server (ie squid) only I need the access control structure and
other features in zope.  With apache this is done by the module system- a
very well defined framework for the customization of apache.  However,
after looking through Zope I am having tremendous difficulty figuring out
how to do this.  I'm working on it within apache as well, but wanted a
comparison with a zope implimentation.  A few hints to get me started
would be great!  Can 'not found' errors be forwarded to another class for
handling easily?  Is there an established model for customizing behavior
(not just content) in Zope as there is for apache?

Thank you in advance for any help anyone may be able to provide.

Robert