[Zope-dev] Translator 0.3 and merge with L10NFolder

Federico Di Gregorio fog@mixadlive.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:39:50 +0200

hi David,

	i just finished merging your translator (not lastest version, so
you'll have to download and fix, i think...) product with my l10nfolder.
at now the package is composed of the following parts:

the Translator object - can define translated properties by use of the
  Translate tab and has all the logic to do the acquisition tricks the
  old l10nfolder did. that is, if a property can't be found, the Translator
  try to find it first in folders at the same level and named after the
  two-letter iso codes (en, it, fr, ...) then, as the last resort, it defaults
  to standard acquisition.

the dtml-translate tag - can be used to translate  a long list of words:
  <dtml-translate>one two fish</dtml-translate> will lookup one, two and
  fish on the translator object named "translator" at the same level.

the dtml-localize tag - can be used to access a single property or object
  anywhere in the acquision path where a Translator object (any name) exists.
  <dtml-localize foo> will search for translators in the acquisition path and
  then ask for "foo" on each of them in turn. first match is returned.

the new Translator can be downloaded at

	http://www.zope.org/Members/fog/Translator

have fun (and expect a big zexp demo in a couple of days),
federico

p.s. David, if you don't like the way i merged just let me know... if we
     can't find an agreement i will simply release the new Translator under
     a different name. but i will much prefer to keep our stuff togheter...

--
Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE System Programmer                           fog@mixadlive.com