[Zope-dev] Oracle and floats?

Mike Salib mike@salib.com
Tue, 02 May 2000 18:48:33 -0400

Hi,
We're running Zope 2.1.6 and we've been having trouble using ZOracleDA
with Zope. Specificaly, whenever we try to retrieve floating point
information from the database, it comes back as integer data. In other
words, ZOracleDA (actually, DCOracle - we've verified that just by
checking using DCOracle from the comand line) translates all floating
point values into ints, throwing away the fractional part. Has anyone
seen this before?

A quick way to test this is to run the following query against oracle:

select count(*)/10.0 from tab

This should return something like 9.5 or 7.5. If you get an integer,
then you know something is wrong.

Thanks a lot everyone,
Mike Salib