[Zope-dev] ZCatalog's QueryObject

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 03 May 2000 10:38:24 +0100

"Querying the Catalog in powerful ways involves knowing how to build this
QueryObject."

...from the Interfaces Wiki.

Sadly, the QueryObject page is blank. Any ideas where I can find documentation
of building complex query objects from python and maybe DTML?(which might be
stupid, if so, tell me ;-)

Also, am I correct in guessing that Catalog/ZCatalog stores references to
objects by their path? Evan Simpson made some references to this with regards to
SiteAccess and with the SiteAccess functionality being (eventually) rolled into
Zope, I was wondering whether (and if it'd be possible) to store the references
in some way that things don't break if you catalog them through one domain and
get them back as search results from another domain?

cheers,

Chris