[Zope-dev] URGENT Zope doesn't starts

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 09 May 2000 20:06:37 +0100

Fabio Augusto Mazzarino wrote:

>  Help, help, help:
>
>  Zope simply stop working. There was no development being done, and it start
> working.
>  When I start Zope using start it simply doens't do anything, not even an
> error message. But I really really need to have this server working as soon
> as possible...
>  Could anybody help?

Here's a start.

List the following. (This stuff should always be in any plea for help on
a serious fault).

  Zope version number
  Whether you installed a binary, or compiled from source
  Zope Products installed
  OS platform (be specific)
  Amount of disk space available on the partition you have Zope
installed on
  Switches you are using in the start script to run Zope

Then, take a backup of data.fs. A really safe backup.
Next, erase data.fs (the original one), and see if Zope runs when you
run the start script.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer