[Zope-dev] Advocating the splitting of Zope in subpackages

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Thu, 11 May 2000 15:31:08 -0400

> > While completely packagizing Zope is a big job, it does
> seem possible
> > to take it in little increments, and splitting out some of the more
> > useful components would be a start.

> Perhaps we should start a Zope SubPackages Wiki and discuss
> this further?
> People can rip various packages out of Zope and test them in
> isolation,
> and we can then offer them as downloadables on the Zope site. The Wiki
> can serve as a pointer to the various packages out there.

I think starting a Wiki on this would be a good idea. Because
there is a resource impact on doing this sort of thing, it
wouldn't happen all at once so I'd like the Wiki to work toward
general agreement on goals and priorities.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909