[Zope-dev] HTML Document?

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Fri, 12 May 2000 09:11:33 -0400

On 12 May 2000, Chris Withers said:
> I was wondering if there is some such thing as a HTML Document, ie: one
> in which no DTML is parsed.
[...]
> Thinking about this, it should be dead simple to do as a product, so if
> people think it's a good idea, I'll go ahead and do it :-)

Sounds like a useful product, but don't forget that a major selling
point for DTML and acquisition is that you can put standard headers and
footers into your HTML documents.  ;-)

You might want some sort of provision in your mythical "HTML Document"
product to allow "standard_html_header" and "standard_html_footer" to be
interpolated appropriately.  Perhaps a checkbox when creating/editing
the document?

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@mems-exchange.org
MEMS Exchange / CNRI                           voice: +1-703-262-5376