[Zope-dev] warning: current SiteAccess (1.0.1) breaks current CVS Zope.

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Fri, 12 May 2000 10:34:01 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com>
> Poor Evan must get fed up with having to recode SiteAccess every
> release.

Yep.

> I wish there was some way we could entice DC to rolling this
> functionality into the Zope core in a better way.
>
> How does the Traversal interface bear on this?

Once Jim and I can agree on the details, the fundamental mechanism of
SiteAccess (the __before_traverse__ hook) *will* become part of standard
Zope.  The new Traversal interface will make ZCatalog & Co. play nice with
virtual hosting, and we can all get off the treadmill.  Believe me, I'm
pushing this as hard as I can.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool & 4-am