[Zope-dev] New product: Refresh

Shane Hathaway shathaway@earthling.net
Mon, 15 May 2000 21:54:56 -0600

Anthony Baxter wrote:

> ooo. question:
>                     It adds a "Refresh" tab to every Product
>                     Folder and enables the refresh function only
>                     for products that are compatible with this
>                     function.
>
> how do you make a product compatible?

I guess I didn't make that very clear at all.  Almost all products can
be made "compatible" just by creating a file called "refresh.txt" in the
product directory.  It's nothing more than a signal to the refresh
mechanism that says it's safe to refresh this product.  In fact, you can
add or remove refresh.txt without restarting Zope.  Its purpose is to
allow authors of products that are still in development to warn users
that refreshing may not work correctly.

However, from what I could tell it works better than expected.
TinyTablesPlus, for example, can be refreshed without any side effects.
Most products will also refresh flawlessly.

Shane