[Zope-dev] Zope 2.2alpha1 Catalog/CatalogAware problem

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Mon, 15 May 2000 22:17:00 -0600

OK, I thought I'd give the new alpha a try with an old site, to check
the upgrade procedure.

I have a problem. If I go to create a ZClass, which inherits from
ZCatalogAware, or I click on the update catalog link in a Catalog, I
get the following traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /home/web/Alpha/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 224, in
publish_module
  File /home/web/Alpha/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 189, in
publish
  File /home/web/Alpha/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /home/web/Alpha/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 175, in
publish
  File /home/web/Alpha/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in
mapply
    (Object: manage_catalogReindex)
  File /home/web/Alpha/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 112, in
call_object
    (Object: manage_catalogReindex)
  File /home/web/Alpha/lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/ZCatalog.py, line
282, in manage_catalogReindex
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /home/web/Alpha/lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/ZCatalog.py, line
369, in catalog_object
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /home/web/Alpha/lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/Catalog.py, line
373, in catalogObject
  File /home/web/Alpha/lib/python/SearchIndex/UnTextIndex.py, line
251, in index_object
  File /home/web/Alpha/lib/python/SearchIndex/Lexicon.py, line 165, in
Splitter
AttributeError: (see above)

Since I couldn't do anything as 'superuser', I created a manager user,
and am logged in as that user. Could the new ownership stuff be
causing this?

Bill