[Zope-dev] ZODB now supports user-defined__get/set/delattr__ methods

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Tue, 16 May 2000 19:58:15 -0400

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> At 02:02 PM 5/16/00 -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:

(snip)
> >These changes are available in the Zope public CVS
> >and will be available in future
> >Zope releases, including 2.2 and it's beta releases.
> >The changes are not in the 2.2 alpha1 release.
>
> Just out of curiosity, was this inspired by DynPersist.c as released in
> ZPatterns 0.3.0 the week before last?

No.

> I can see that your solution to the
> problem goes much deeper than just getting attr hooks for persistence as my
> simple hack did.

I saw a hack you sent me a few months ago and approved of it's
intent and was saddened by it's necessity.

> But I was just curious if perhaps you saw my hack and
> decided that it would be better to put it directly into the base class.

Actually, I wanted to solve this problem for some time.
I was afraid I'd have to implement some grand unified
arbitrarily chainable attr hook manager. :)

The other night, I thought I wanted to use attr hooks
for the database mounting experiments I've been doing.
While thinking about it, I realized that there was
a simple solution.

I actually ended up not using the new attr support for database
mounting. :)

> Certainly it'll be better for me and for users of ZPatterns, since I'll be
> able to phase out DynPersist.c for Zope 2.2.

Yup.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.