[Zope-dev] Mounted Database Proposal/Notes

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 17 May 2000 12:01:53 -0400

This looks excellent!

If each mounted database has its own Control Panel, taking care of ZClasses
is simple. Export the ZClass from one DB and import in the other. What
happens with Python products? Will those show up in every control panel? If
not, it seems like you might run into trouble trying to call
manage_addProduct for a Python product.

When you talk about the mount object opening and closing the database
connection with each request, is there a significant performance penalty for
this? (Or is that implementation dependent?)

As far as a UI for mounting goes, I'd be fine with it requiring some kind of
filesystem-based configuration, if that's helpful for security. I don't
forsee trying to mount and unmount databases frequently.

Wow. It's great to think that I might not need to write another SQL SELECT
statement ever again :)

Kevin