[Zope-dev] Displaying Excel Workbooks on a Zope site

Adam Ratcliffe adam.ratcliffe@telecom.co.nz
Fri, 19 May 2000 10:29:50 +1200

I am using a Zope site as a repository for documentation on a business
application that I'm involved in supporting.

Site content presently includes a mixture of HTML pages and MS Word and
Excel documents.

The site uses a frameset to contain a DTML-Tree based navigation structure
in the left frame, and displayed pages in the right frame.

When I attempt to open MS Office documents in the right frame they typically
open fine the 1st time around, but if I move off the page and seek to
revisit them I'm presented with a download dialog box rather than the page
itself. I imagine that this is a caching issue.

If anyone was able to help with some ideas on the behaviour of MS Office
documents in Zope it would be most appreciated.

Best regards
Adam