[Zope-dev] Oracle BLOBS how to ?

jcanedo@amadeus.net jcanedo@amadeus.net
Fri, 19 May 2000 09:39:21 +0100

Hello all,

I am developping an application using Zope (version 2.1.6) and Oracle 8.1.6
(8iR2) on Linux platform. I use ZOracleDA 2.2.0b1 and DCOracle 1.3.1b1. It seems
that stability problem is fixed (as far as I have tested) but I still have
problems retrieving BLOBs from the database into a HTML page. Is there somewhere
a HOW-TO to get and display a BLOB (it is a GIF image) in an HTML page ?

I have the following table:

CREATE TABLE test_picture
(name CHAR(50),
 picture BLOB);

I imported (using sqlldr) a single GIF image into the table with name 'lady'.

I created a ZSQL method (called TestPicture) to retrieve this image (SELECT
picture FROM test_picture WHERE name = 'lady').

When I test this query I get a -24813 error from Oracle and if I use a DTML
method to display the picture I get an empty image. The DTML method is:

<dtml-in TestPicture><dtml-var PICTURE></dtml-in>

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Joseph Canedo