[Zope-dev] ZPatterns Wiki updated

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Mon, 22 May 2000 10:01:08 -0500

At 03:29 PM 5/22/00 +0300, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
>"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:
>>
>> FYI, the ZPatterns Wiki at:
>>
>> http://www.zope.org/Members/pje/Wikis/ZPatterns/
>
>Ooh, this is cool stuff.  At what version would it be resonable to start
>implementing software using ZPatterns?

It depends on what the software does.  If you are comfortable "rolling your
own" extensions and systems based on the ZPatterns components, you can
start any time.  I'm doing my best to preserve backward compatibility
between versions where it doesn't interfere with adding new functionality.

>Will there be major changes in the way things work up to 1.0?

Depends on the things.  A lot of things are getting overhauled in 0.4.0 so
that the event system and the ability to have DataSkins anywhere can be put
in.  The roadmap for post-0.4.0 releases looks pretty smooth, however, as
it's focused primarily on adding lots of Provider/Agent classes to make the
framework usable without "rolling your own".  The only other major item
that's on my list is a way to do PermissionMappings on things added to the
Methods tab of a PlugInContainer, and I haven't yet figured out how to do
that.  But when/if I do figure it out, I don't expect it to have any
radical, sweeping effects on the framework.