[Zope-dev] ZCatalog and Umlaut Problems

mindlace mindlace@imeme.net
Mon, 22 May 2000 10:33:24 -0600

Geir BXkholt wrote:

> on Thursday, May 18, 2000 mindlace wrote :
>
> [snip]
> m> ./start -L 'my_locale'
>
> m> Assuming you're using zope 2.1.4 or later.
>
> m> I did it with Portuguese (./start -L 'pt_PT'), and all funny portuguese
> m> characters (هيك etc.) catalog properly.  You may need to reindex after
> m> restarting.
>
> m> ~mindlace
>
> is it possible to use multiple locales ??
> I am currently developing a site in 4 languages (with 2 more
> to come) , and have experienced similar problems with the
> catalog..

Hmm... doing locale -a , it looks to me like there's no "iso-latin1"
locale (assuming you're using all latinate languages).  I would think,
at least for cataloging, that this is probably non-trivial.

You may wish to join the mailing list for the zope internationalization
project and see if they have suggestions: