[Zope-dev] 2.2.0a1 won't work with query objects

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Tue, 23 May 2000 16:05:50 -0400

> Even when I have logged in as the admin user I get an error
> message I suppose from the dtml fragment
> >
> ><dtml-in NavData>
> ></dtml-in>
> If I force validate to be None inside DT_In.py (renderwob)
> then I can at
> least get a dtml-in TinyTable to work. It seems as though the
> tinytable
> product is broken in some way. Anybody know what how etc?
> --
> Robin Becker

I think this is actually Zope's bug - if I'm not mistaken, the
TinyTables product uses the Results class provided in
lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/Results.py, which would make it
subject to breaking in the same way that SQLMethod results
broke in the 2.2 alpha. I've included a copy of the note I
sent to the folks reporting problems with SQLMethods that
includes the patch you can use to verify that it fixes
the problem for TinyTables as well:

> Those of you who have had problems with SQL Method results in
> the 2.2 alpha (that's probably everyone!) may want to apply
> the following patch to lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/Results.py.
> If you are tracking CVS, you can just update the file. This
> is the fix for the authentication problem - it will be in
> forthcoming 2.2 beta.

*** Results.py  2000/03/10 22:32:08     1.10
--- Results.py  2000/05/23 18:57:12     1.11
***************
*** 99,104 ****
--- 99,108 ----
      """
      _index=None

+     # We need to allow access to not-explicitly-protected
+     # individual record objects contained in the result.
+     __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__=1
+
      def __init__(self,(items,data),brains=NoBrains, parent=None,
                   zbrains=None):

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909