[Zope-dev] Problems with LoginManager form-based login

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar@maxnm.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 17:24:00 +0300

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> Make your root acl_users a LoginManager, with the loginForm there.
> LoginManager will only allow "Anonymous" to log in if it is the root
> acl_users.  This is how standard user folders behave, and *have to* because
> of the way manage_workspace works, unfortunately.  Until/unless a new login
> protocol is worked out in Zope, this is the workaround.

But this user isn't even supposed to access manage_workspace - I just need
it to access a PTK join_form so it can become a member.

I tried making loginForm on the top level display a dtml method
customLoginForm (which contains the actual form), and then override it in
the PTK folder, but it doesn't - it displays the one on the top level.  And
I can't use the same loginForm in the whole site, because I may have  few
portals, and I need the login form to say "if you are not a member you can
join here".

Any ideas?

--
Itamar S.T.  itamar@maxnm.com