[Zope-dev] Product Loading

Seb Bacon seb.bacon@razorfish.co.uk
Thu, 25 May 2000 15:33:31 +0100

folks,

I've already posted this problem to the Zope list, which is the correct
place to post I believe, but to no avail.  So I'm trying here - apologies,
but just as I'm getting really excited about Zope I hit a brick wall
(...familiar lament?) and I'm at a complete loss.
So apologies for my newbieness; here's my problem:

my zope won't load products into its products folder.  I had some success
initially.  Then I found some bugs in my initialize code that were breaking
the product.  From then on, whenever I changed the initialize code, the
changes were only getting reflected sporadically in the traceback.

I found I could even delete my product from the Products folder and it would
stay in Zope.  Now even when I create a really simple product, it doesn't
appear.

I presume I am doing something stupid.  Especially considering I can install
3rd party products without a problem.  My assumption was that to create a
product:

I create a Test folder in the Products directory, with an __init__.py which
contains an import Test and an initialize(context) function.  Then I do a
context.registerClass(stuff).  Then I do the logic stuff in Test.py.

Even if I don't put any logic in Test.py, *something* should appear in the
products list, right?  How can I start debugging this problem?

Thanks so much for any help...

Seb.