[Zope-dev] Re: Memory issue 2.1.6 (Hemophelia)

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Fri, 26 May 2000 17:04:20 GMT

Shane and others:

Currently I have to restart the *server* that Zope runs on everyday in
order to get the memory tat Zope claims in cache back.  Even when I stop
the Zope process, the cache doesn't clear.  Is there a command in Linux to
force that cache to clear?  Also, after a clean reboot, I tried to pack,
and there is nothing left of my 1 gig of memory, and it swapped a bit. :(

Is there anyway to nail down what is causing the bleeding?  I have reduced
the number of object stored in cache and even flushed the cache in Zope,
but it never reclaims all the memory.  What can I do to keep investigating?
Tools?  Stats that will help?

Hoping to nail this,

Jason Spisak
CIO