[Zope-dev] [Fwd: ZCatalog.. Again.. I know..]

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Fri, 26 May 2000 18:02:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Chris Withers wrote:
> This is weird... the bit of code in question was:
> lib/python/SearchIndex/Lexicon.py line 132:
[...]
> Now Michel's patch was to change this to:
>         else:
>             self.counter = self.counter + 1
>             self._lexicon[intern(word)] = self.counter
>             return self.counter

I patched my 2.1.4 site with the above code, and my key errors
and wrong-results went away.  My site has 60K records being
searched, so this constitues a fairly good test.

> However, in the CVS I see it is now:
>         else:
>             if not hasattr(self, 'counter'):
>                 self.counter = 0
>             self._lexicon[intern(word)] = self.counter
>             self.counter = self.counter + 1
>             return self.counter - 1

This *looks* like it might also work.  We'll just have to wait
for Michel's pronouncement.

--RDM