[Zope-dev] BASEPATH

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:33:55 -0500

> Can someone explain to me why the CVS version of Zope2 contains
> references to BASEPATH and the recently released 2.2.2 doesn't? Is this
> a new feature?
> --
> Robin Becker

BASEPATHx (and its converse URLPATHx) are analogous to the
current BASEx and URLx variables of the REQUEST object,
except that they take any fiddling of the path (such as
that done by SiteAccess) into account. They will be
introduced in the next feature release (2.3). BASEx and
URLx will continue to work, but will be deprecated in
favor of the new BASEPATHx and URLPATHx.

Hope this helps!

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909