[Zope-dev] It's been a while

Roch'e Compaan roche@ybm.co.za
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 14:00:20 +0200

It's been a while since i've had time to explore ZPatterns - and now the
time has come that I am considering to base development for a new project on
ZPatterns.

I think I'm better prepared now - I read Coad's Object Models, and
implemented a data management layer in Delphi.

The project envolves Customer Relationship Management - like openticket, but
I don't like openticket's tight coupling with the SQL databases.

First stupid question: Are ZClasses based on Dataskins PD (Problem Domain)
objects or DM (Data Management) objects?  Can somebody possible categorize
the main classes in ZPatterns according to Problem Domain, User Interface,
Data Management?

Would it be safe to base development on ZPatterns if I want to use an SQL
RDBMS as storage and ZPatterns as DataManagement layer ie. is ZPatterns
stable engough?

Roché