[Zope-dev] Another caching scheme...

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar@maxnm.com
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 12:27:16 +0200

Carlos Neves wrote:

> But that just isn't enough... though it works for a specific caching scheme,
> it's not a site wide, or should I say, server wide. Mindstorming with my fellow
> workers, one (the boss, and that's why he's the boss) came up with the magic
> words... cache the html on it's way out and make some callback on request to
> test if we have that particular request in store. So I did...

Um, what you're describing is already supported using HTTP caching headers.
Set up Apache as a reverse proxy, give Zope the appropiate header handling
code (I posted how on Zope-dev a while back) and you'll get wonderful speed
up without messing with Zope's internals.

--
Itamar S.T.  itamar@maxnm.com
Fingerprint = D365 7BE8 B81E 2B18 6534  025E D0E7 92DB E441 411C