[Zope-dev] License issues

Juan David Ibáñez Palomar palomar@sg.uji.es
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:50:55 +0100 (MET)

> Juan David IbXXez Palomar wrote:
> >
> > software, but I know there's people that don't use Zope because of this
> > incompatibility.
>
> their loss...
>
> Chris

yes, their loss, but also our loss

www.barrapunto.com is the most important weblog about free software
in Spain and probably in all the spanish speaking countries, there
are more than 300.000.000 people that speaks spanish in the world.
They considered the possibility to use Squishdot but finally they
choosed SlashCode, the problem with the license was one of the reasons
to not use Zope and Squishdot. It's not only about the publicity they
could give to Zope, they are also good developers we have lost.
Probably there's more people in a similar situation.

And more, there's already zope software with the GPL license, for
example ZWiki. ZWiki is included in Debian, probably the Debian
developer that maintains the package is not aware of these license
issues.

regards,
jdavid