[Zope-dev] License issues

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 05:53:39 -0500

Some quick points on this.

First, feel free to talk on this list about ways that Zope
developers can license their stuff.  It's a constructive
discussion, and since I'm not a Zope developer, I can ignore
it. :^)

Second, regarding the licensing of Zope itself, ChrisP is
right that I'm the guy on that.  Or more specifically, Hadar
Pedhazur (our board chairman) and I run the zope-license
email alias.  He and I had previously decided that, after
the round closed, we'd take a fresh look at our licensing
strategy.

Basically, we'd like to get out of the business of having
our own license, and we're open to the idea of a license
that is more GPL-friendly, in the spirit of Apache, Python,
etc.

Thus, continue discussing what you need to do your jobs and
give us some time to hash out a proposal.  Thanks!

--Paul