[Zope-dev] How do I create folders/methods etc. within the code?

Andy McKay andym@ActiveState.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:13:13 -0800

> 1. To run python scripts written as dtml methods. Do I simply use
> dtml-call from another dtml document/method?

Many options, but one is make your python an external method and then yes
use call to actually call it.

> 2. To create folders, mthods etc in the code. I have found some functions
> manage_addDTMLMethod, manage_addFolder, but how do I use them?

well look at their signature in the code eg:

self.manage_addFolder(id='Testing')

> 3. I need to make a site that allows users to register ( i.e. to generate
> user folder with some standard documents in them). Anyone have hints
> regarding this? (or in fact a whole application I can use?)

Look at GenericUserFolder or LoginManager.

HTH.