[Zope-dev] ZPatterns and ZCLasses

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:01:25 -0500

At 11:08 AM 11/21/00 +0100, Joachim Schmitz wrote:
>I have an existing ZClass/Data Structure like this
>
>RecruitingPlatform
>  Company
>    Recruiting
>      Candidates
>
>  Student
>    Profiles
>      Address
>      Highschool
>      IT
>      Jobprefs
>
>I want to store the data in the ZClass instances, must each ZClass have the
>Base class _ZClass_for_DataSkin and do I need a Rack for each class ?

If you are storing dataskins in a regular folder hierarchy (or other
persistent hierarchy), you don't need racks.  You just need a Folder
w/Customization support in the objects' acquisition hierarchy.  Of course,
if you don't need DataSkin-ish behavior (i.e. triggers and attribute
providers), you don't need the FwCS either.  DataSkins stored outside of
Racks will "pretend" to be ordinary persistent Zope objects if they can't
find an appropriate Customizer.  That is, they act like regular Zope
objects, only it takes them more work because they're pretending.  :)