[Zope-dev] ZPatterns and ZCLasses

Joachim Schmitz js@aixtraware.de
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:29:15 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> At 11:08 AM 11/21/00 +0100, Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> >I have an existing ZClass/Data Structure like this
> >
> >RecruitingPlatform
> >  Company
> >    Recruiting
> >      Candidates
> >
> >  Student
> >    Profiles
> >      Address
> >      Highschool
> >      IT
> >      Jobprefs
> >
> >I want to store the data in the ZClass instances, must each ZClass have the
> >Base class _ZClass_for_DataSkin and do I need a Rack for each class ?
>
> If you are storing dataskins in a regular folder hierarchy (or other
> persistent hierarchy), you don't need racks.  You just need a Folder
> w/Customization support in the objects' acquisition hierarchy.  Of course,
> if you don't need DataSkin-ish behavior (i.e. triggers and attribute
> providers), you don't need the FwCS either.  DataSkins stored outside of
> Racks will "pretend" to be ordinary persistent Zope objects if they can't
> find an appropriate Customizer.  That is, they act like regular Zope
> objects, only it takes them more work because they're pretending.  :)

I created a FwCS and in it a customizer, but in my list of to customize
object types are only meta_types listed, which have the Base class
"_ZClass_for_DataSkin",. Is this a requirement, and if yes, is there a way
to add this to existing ZClasses ?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Joachim Schmitz

AixtraWare, Ing. Büro für Internetanwendungen
Hüsgenstr. 33a, D-52457 Aldenhoven
Telefon: +49-2464-8851, FAX: +49-2464-905163