[Zope-dev] Non-TTW ZPatterns

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 18:01:43 +0000

Hi,

I think (shock, horror) I'm finally starting to understand ZPatterns ;-)
(well, okay, just a little bit then...)

Anyway, I'm wondering how I'd go about making a ZPatterns-based project
that is totally file system based. The reasons for this are CVS-ability,
the ability to update the 'product' without trashing the data, the
ability to easily duplicate the 'system' without copying the data,
better editing environment, etc, but I'm not sure how I'd go about it.

It seems as though all the cool bits (like SkinScript methods, order of
racks and the like) are in Zope's 'instance space' with ZPatterns. Does
this have to be so or could all the 'setting up' be stored/changed in
Python or other filesystem-based stuff?

If so, how so? I guess I'm talking about HTMLFile-like things for
SkinScript and ZSQL methods, amongst others.

Possible, or am I off my rocker (again ;-)

cheers,

Chris