[Zope-dev] Create Virtual DataSkin

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:24:56 -0500 (EST)

Hmm... since triggers are done at transaction commit time, could
it be that the 'change' trigger doesn't happen if the change
occurs on the same transaction as an 'add'?

-steve

    bentzion> This simple issue is driving me crazy...  I am trying to
    bentzion> create a DataSkin with some Properties in a MySQL
    bentzion> database. So I have an ID, NAME, and DESCRIPTION that is
    bentzion> in REQUEST and using:

    bentzion> <dtml-let ni="newItem(key=REQUEST['key'])"
    bentzion> nips="ni.propertysheets.get('Basic')"> <dtml-call
    bentzion> "nips.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST=REQUEST)">
    bentzion> </dtml-let>

    bentzion> The item gets created but the Properties are not
    bentzion> changed.

    bentzion> Can someone please post the ADD/CHNAGE Trigger syntax
    bentzion> and accompanying ZSQL Methods for a simple creation of a
    bentzion> DataSkin ZClass.

    bentzion> Much appreciated.