[Zope-dev] Non-TTW ZPatterns

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:48:53 -0500 (EST)

Hi Chris,

   No.. you're not off your rocker... I think you can do all the
things that are possible through the web in your product, but some/(or
most?) of the *point* of ZPatterns is to allow for integration and
customization of your application after it's installed. A lot of that
happens in SkinScript so that means it will probably be
modified/customized TTW. You could of course build a product that
'instantiates' with a totally set up set of PlugIns (that access
e.g., ZODB only..) and do that all in Python. My approach for that sort
of thing has been to dig through the source to figure out the constructors
and call them explicitly in my constructor... (EMarket did this for a while
until I decided that I was just doing work that someone else would
go and 'undo' when they tried to actually use the product. )

-steve