[Zope-dev] UML reverse engineering on ZClasses - I need some help

Joachim Schmitz js@aixtraware.de
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:16:56 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, zope wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am currently developing a tool for reverse engineering
> ZClasses into UML using ObjectDomain and JPython.
>
> this tool connects directly to a Zope instance and queries
> the ZClass entities, methods and inheritance relations by
> calling a set of utility methods that I implemented as External methods.
>
> it works fine when reverse engineering ZClasses, their methods and inheritance relations.
>
> you can check out a sample result where I reversed a part of Maik Roeder's ZDP tools under
> http://zwork.bluedynamics.com/Tests/zdp/index.html
>
> If there is interest and time I'll document the reverse engineering tool and publish it on zope.org

this is absolutly fantastic, great job Phil.
If reverse engeneering is possible, also ZClass generation should be possible,
or even better generate a python-product.

I am very much interested in your work.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Joachim Schmitz

AixtraWare, Ing. Büro für Internetanwendungen
Hüsgenstr. 33a, D-52457 Aldenhoven
Telefon: +49-2464-8851, FAX: +49-2464-905163