[Zope-dev] UML reverse engineering on ZClasses - I need somehelp

Maik Röder roeder@berg.net
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:11:57 +0100

Hi Joachim !

Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> > I am currently developing a tool for reverse engineering
> > ZClasses into UML using ObjectDomain and JPython.
> >
> > this tool connects directly to a Zope instance and queries
> > the ZClass entities, methods and inheritance relations by
> > calling a set of utility methods that I implemented as External methods.
> >
> > it works fine when reverse engineering ZClasses, their methods and inheritance relations.
> >
> > you can check out a sample result where I reversed a part of Maik Roeder's ZDP tools under
> > http://zwork.bluedynamics.com/Tests/zdp/index.html
> >
> > If there is interest and time I'll document the reverse engineering tool and publish it on zope.org
> >

> this is absolutly fantastic, great job Phil.
> If reverse engeneering is possible, also ZClass generation should be possible,
> or even better generate a python-product.

Generating ZClasses out of a model description is what I wanted to do
for a long
time, but I couldn't find someone to fund this. Generating a Python
product is
something that Eric Enge has done with his mkzproduct.

I haven't been using "SubObjects" in my ZDP-Tools, so Aggregation is
nowhere
defined, except implicitely.

Best regards,

Maik Röder