[Zope-dev] standard_error_message does nothing?

The Doctor What docwhat@gerf.org
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:58:40 -0600

My site uses SiteAccess2, zope 2.2.2, etc.

If I got to one of my virtual hosts and enter a bogus URL, I get an
error message that includes *another* error message within it (both
from HTTPResponse.py's _error_html().  Example:
http://docwhat.gerf.org:9673/fish

I have modified _error_html() to put a comment at the very start
saying where it came from.

In addition, the root standard_html_message has a comment at the top
and so does the /docwhat stdandard_html_message, both saying which
it is.  /docwhat is the folder that docwhat.gerf.org's
vhost/siteroot is at.

The fish url above should generate (I thought) my
standard_html_message from /docwhat.  I don't understand this at
all.  It goes against the docs in
http://www.zope.org/Members/JohnC/StandardErrorMessage

My site includes a view_source that works fairly well, if you want
to see the various standard_html_message's.  linuxasm.gerf.org is a
non-siteaccessed version of my site, with no siteaccess rules.  Here
are the URLs:
docwhat one:
http://docwhat.gerf.org:9673/standard_error_message/view_source
root one:
http://linuxasm.gerf.org:9673/standard_error_message/view_source

Thanks for any help.

Ciao!

--
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
	-- Groucho Marx

The Doctor What: Second Baseman                  http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                                                   KF6VNC