[Zope-dev] Re: Discussion & Story Building Mediums

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Mon, 02 Oct 2000 08:23:51 -0700

Chris Withers wrote:

> Michael Bernstein wrote:
> > It seems to me that there is a potential 'bridge' between
> > the mailing lists and the wikis - The mailing list archives!
>
> <snip details>
>
> I like this idea a lot :-)

After some more thought, I realized that this really needs
to be a three-way gateway betrween a mailing list, a 'blog,
and a newsgroup. The 'blog is obviously the most different
from the other two, as 'blogs usually excersize editorial
control over the root items, but none (or little) over the
ensuing discussion. This is markedly different from both
mailing lists and newsgroups, where moderation is on all of
the postings.

Assuming that gets accomplished, this should take care of
everyones 'discussion' needs, after which the trick is
promoting certain things to permanent collaborative
artefacts, like wikis.

Michael Bernstein.