[Zope-dev] LoginManager ownership bug!

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Thu, 05 Oct 2000 08:11:45 -0700

Jonas Juselius wrote:

> Another thing which I have tried to do, is to add  support for local roles to
> the LoginManager. At first it looked rather simple, but then I realized that
> it wasn't really _that_ simple, and dropped it because I don't have time... It
> would however be nice to have local roles support in the LoginManager, as it
> would make it more complete.
>
> I am currently using Zope-2.2.1 (and Zope-2.2.2), ZPatterns-0-4-2a1 and
> LoginManager-0_8_7a1.

I used Membership 0.7.6 on top of what you've got, and added
support for local roles as detailed in this posting:

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2000-September/007030.html

This ought to give you the clues you need to add the
neccessary getUserNames method to a SQL User Source, and
make the LoginManager user_names modification as well. If
you have any ideas on how to generalize the user_names
method, I'd like to hear them.

Let me know how it goes,

Michael Bernstein.