[Zope-dev] RFClarification: Security on Product Attributes

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Thu, 05 Oct 2000 15:58:58 -0400

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> At 12:27 PM 10/4/00 -0400, Brian Lloyd wrote:
> >
> >I've verified (any of my previous comments to the contrary) that
> >simple attributes (python types) do not really play in the
> >permissions machinery. The canonical way to expose such things
> >for now is to expose them through method calls (which can play
> >in the permissions scheme).
> >

> IIRC, this stuff got broken by the switch to the new security machinery.
> ZopeSecurityPolicy doesn't check 'foo__roles__' on the parent object the
> way ZPublisher does/did.

It never did.  Before the switch to the new policy machinery,
most attributes that don't have roles were unprotected.
Now, we at least have a way to make some assertions.

Jim

repeats.