[Zope-dev] LoginManager ownership bug!

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Fri, 06 Oct 2000 07:04:20 -0700

Jonas Juselius wrote:

> Do you have any clue about the ownership bug in the LoginManager? I find it
> quite strange that an unowned object becomes owned whenever Zope is restarted
> (or when a method is added...). I suspect that the problem is within the
> ZPatterns modules, since it handles the persistance of the LoginManager...
> This is how the LoginManager is inited and ownership is set:

No, sorry.

What I did while hacking on LM was create it in a subfolder,
mess with it until it worked right, then (as superuser) copy
it, switch to the root folder, delete the acl_users folder
there, and paste the LM (also named acl_users, of course).

After that, it just worked, so I never encountered your
particular problem.

Michael Bernstein.