[Zope-dev] Boa Constructor

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 09:50:49 -0400

There I was, toying with the idea of writing a simple family checkbook
app using ZODB and wxPython.  I discover a lacking feature in wxGrid, so
I go to www.wxpython.org to see if there's a new version out.  Sure
enough, there is.  Then I look at the wxPython archive to see if anyone
had had the same problem.  A mention of "Boa Constructor", hmm.  I visit
the site.  Great screenshots, small archive.  I download it.  While
downloading, I think, "wouldn't it be neat if I could access Zope
through such a nice IDE?"

That was when I realized that Christmas is coming early this year!!

http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/

http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/Screenshots/ZopeExplorer.png

Don't let the "0.0.4" version number scare you away.  This project is in
great shape IMHO.  According to Riaan, the author:

"...yes, the version is a bit misleading. One reason I've kept it
low is that the project is technically not in alpha yet.
As I understand it alpha is supposed to be feature complete and there
are still a few I want to cram in.
Expect the version to jump when we get to alpha."

Shane