[Zope-dev] Re: Zope translation into spanish

Yves-Eric Martin yemartin@garage.co.jp
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:58:20 +0900

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 20:35:26 +0200
Martijn Pieters <mj@digicool.com> wrote:

> There are several ways you could translate Zope, all of them somewhat
> painful and elaborate. One way is by using the zzLocale project, and
> create a spanish version for that.

This comes in right on time:

The current version of zzLocale is not very useable (bugs, incomplete
internationalization (i18n)...). But we are planning to do a new release
soon (1~2 weeks: still have a couple of bugs to fix). Now every
component of the management interface can be localized *AND* remain
functional, and major bugs were fixed, making the coming release of
zzLocale the first actually useable one (hopefully...).

Note: zzLocale is a hack to provide i18n over current Zope
implementation. We are looking forward to the SkinnableAndLocalizable
project to provide i18n within Zope. While this project is on hold,
people who want a localized interface now are welcome to try out
zzLocale.

Cheers,

--
Yves-Eric Martin