[Zope-dev] Problems with offline MS IE 5

Ross Boylan RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 23:09:10 -0700

I recently tried doing some Zope development on a laptop and ran into a
problem: when I updated a product the updates did not "take."  In
particular, when I edited the text in a .dtml file and restarted Zope, I
still saw the old text  when I got to the appropriate point (the file was
wrapped in an HTMLFile() and used for creating a new instance of one of the
products in the package).

I think I checked all of the following:
* the file was getting updated
* all instances of explorer were shut down
* MSIE options set to "Check for newer version of stored page on every
visit to the page"

A notable peculiarity was that whenever I tried to access my local zope, I
would get a "you are offline, do you wish to go online" message (I even
used localhost as the machine name!).  I would say yes, it would say it
couldn't connect and ask if I wanted to try again.  I said yes, but then I
ran into the problems described above.

Zope 2.2.2 on MS W2K with MS IE 5.0.

Does this ring any bells with anyone?  Is it an IE problem?  a Zope
problem?  an interaction?