[Zope-dev] Streaming?

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 23:31:07 -0200

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 12:23:36PM +1100, Terry Kerr wrote:
> Isn't that dependant on the protocol u are using to transfer the data?
> HTTP can't do streaming.  You can sort of do streaming using the
> experimental multipart content type, but IE browers don't recognise it,
> so it is pretty useless.

What are you talking about? Try to load any standard html page
with a very slow connection. If you just send the data slowly,
the browser will show it as it is received. That's streaming.

You can point an mp3 or realaudio player at an URL and it will
download the file and play it as it arrives.

That's the kind of streaming I want to do.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo@hackandroll.org
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar