[Zope-dev] ACL users and Packing the DB

kdl@Spatial.Com kdl@Spatial.Com
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:13:42 -0700

Thanks to everyone who has responded with info about how to admin the
Data.fs and all the ACL users from a linux command line or cron job.

Just to pass the info on here is what I have so far:

I have found a way to kill the user via a link or straight html url

http://username:password@Your.Domain.com:8080/testfolder?ids:list=acl_users&manage_delObjects:method=Delete

This will delete the acl users folder out of what ever folder you have it
set for. Exp: testfolder.

now if I can get my lynx to run it ok I will be set. ( lynx does not like
it so far but works fine from a browser url )

Also from a linux command line you can pack the db via ?:

wget
http://username:password@Your.Domain.com:8080/Control_Panel/Database/manage_pack?days:float=0

( have to install wget if not already installed
http://www.redhat.com/swr/i386/wget-1.5.3-10.i386.html)

thanks again  will keep you updated on any news I get

Keith Larson
Web Developer