[Zope-dev] Making some DTML Documents catalog aware

Christian Couder christian@alcove.fr
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:31:28 +0200

Hi everybody,

I already posted this message to the zope@zope.org list but I had no
answer.

I have a Zope site with many DTML document and I would like to make them

catalog aware because I want the web site users to be able to search the

site.
The web site users are already able to modify the site themselves and
this functionality must be kept.
I use the debian zope package version 2.1.6-5.2.

My first thought was to create a new ZClass that inherit from both the
CatalogAware and the DTML Document class but it seems to be quite
difficult.

First the How-To: DTML Zclass ID Bug Workaround helped a little, but
when I try to map some DTML methods to some views in the "Views" tab of
my class, no tab for the view are displayed for the class instance.

I also searched the news and the documentation and it seems that many
people faced some problems when inheriting from both CatalogAware and
DTML Document. So now I suppose this is not the best way to solve my
problem.

Do some people have succeeded in something like this ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

--
Christian COUDER christian@alcove.fr
Ingénieur Informatique Libre